Sunday, January 4, 2015

Welcome Back and Other Words You May Not Be Ready to Hear

Elbert Hubbard, an American writer and philosopher, wrote almost a hundred years ago, “No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one.”  If you overlook the sexist language, I think Elbert had it just about right!  Ready or not, here we go, so welcome back, HSE.

I also want to remind you of the intent of these emails.

My hope is that you find “From B106” informative, helpful, or entertaining.  In these emails, I try to clarify school or district initiatives, provide resources you might find helpful, or ask questions I hope we can answer together as a school.  This semester, I want to focus on the transition we are experiencing to BYOD next fall, try to keep you informed about the new standards and high stakes tests, and explore how current educational research might be able to improve student learning at Hamilton Southeastern High School. 

If you are feeling swamped with email and work, please hit the delete button.  I in no way want to add to your work load.

Let me state it clearly: These are not required reading.  

Again, welcome back.  My hope is that this is a great semester of learning and growth for all HSE Royals, whether they be students or staff.

Phil

A few more quotes from Elbert Hubbard that might be helpful on a cold day in January:
  • The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today.
  • The love we give away is the only love we keep.
  • Be pleasant until ten o’clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself.
  • Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment